Reference Desk hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Reference Desk phone number: (813) 974-2288
Reference librarians function as a starting point for library research and provide assistance and instruction in the use of library resources, including but not limited to:
- Library Catalog
- USF Libraries Databases
- PubMed (Medline)
- Shimberg Health Sciences Library databases
- Online electronic resources
- Print and non-print materials
- Core medical specialty books
- Indexes, directories, reference resources
- Journal resources
- Literature Search Service
Searching the National Library of Medicine's PubMed database can be done for you by our professional librarians. To insure the most accurate information retrieval, it is important that you speak with a reference librarian personally.
This is a fee-based service and charges vary according to university affiliation. Call a reference librarian at 813-974-2288 for fee information and to initiate this service.
The fee structure is as follows:
- $20 per subject search in PubMed for USF affiliates.
- $40 per subject search in PubMed for members of the health care community that are not affiliated with USF.
- $60 per subject search in PubMed for members of the community at large.
- $10 surcharge for each additional database searched for a particular subject.
Searches of other NLM databases or other resources such as BRS and STN are available only to the faculty, staff and students of the Health Sciences Center. Our literature search will include: Complete journal citation: Author, Title, Source, and Abstract, if available. It can be delivered to you by mail, e-mail, or you may pick it up at the Circulation Desk.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 15:13