What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is our tool for placing and tracking interlibrary loan and document delivery requests for books and articles. Benefits include the ability to track requests through every step of the process, and a seamless interface with many library databases, which will automatically fill in book or article information on the ILLiad request form.
How do I log into ILLiad?
To log into ILLiad, go to http://www.lib.usf.edu/ill/ and click on the green LOGIN button. You will see the “USF NetID Single-SignOn” login page. On this page you have the option of using your NetID (same login used for Canvas, myusf, and many other USF applications) or using you full USF Health email address (email@example.com) and the password associated with your USF Health account.
First-time users will be prompted to enter contact information, status (faculty, student, etc.), college (“Department”), and Delivery Location (all USF Health affiliates should select “Shimberg Health” to insure that the Shimberg Library will receive your requests).
For assistance with login problems, contact the Shimberg Library Services Desk at 813-974-8432.
How do I submit a new request?
In many cases, library databases supply a “request from interlibrary loan” option when USF does not own or license the desired material. Follow this link, login as requested, and you will often see that the proper form has been already filled out for you. In this case, simply review the form to insure all required fields are completed, then click the “Submit Request” button, available at both the top and bottom of the form.
To manually submit a request, log in as described above, locate the New Request section in the left-column navigation tree, and click Article/Photocopy, “Book/Loan”, or “Book Chapter”, depending on the type of request you are submitting. Be sure to fill in all required fields.
If you have any questions about submitting requests, the staff at Library Services Desk will be happy to assist at 813-974-8432.
What kind of requests can I place?
You can place a request for any book or article, whether or not USF owns the material. There are fees associated with some requests. Fee information for interlibrary loans: http://library.hsc.usf.edu/borrowing-nonusf-books-and-articles.html. Fee information for document delivery: http://library.hsc.usf.edu/photocopy-services.html.
How do I track the progress of my requests?
Upon logging in to ILLiad, all active requests will be displayed in the center of the page, and will offer such options as downloading electronically delivered articles and requesting renewal of borrowed books.
What does my request’s ILLiad Status mean?
Your request will move through several Status levels in the ILLiad system. When your item is available, you will receive an email notification, but while you wait, you can check the current Status to find out how your request is doing.
- Awaiting Request Processing: Your request has been successfully received by the ILLiad system and is waiting for library staff to process it.
- Request Sent: Your request has been sent out by library staff to potential lenders. It will remain at this Status until a lender agrees to send us the material, and the material is received by the library.
- Awaiting Information From Customer: The library needs your input in order to finish your request. You should have received an email notifying you of the additional information we need.
- Payment Letter Sent: There will be a fee associated with your request, and the library has sent you an email requesting that you provide billing authorization before your request can be processed.
- Customer Notified via Email: Your requested material has arrived and is being held for you to pick up at the Library Services Desk. You should have received an email notifying you that the material has arrived.
- Checked Out to Customer: Your requested material has been picked up and is in your possession.
- Delivered to Web: Your article is available, and you should have received an email instructing you to log into your ILLiad account to retrieve your article.
Why am I not receiving email updates on my request?
The ILLiad system does not send a confirmation email when a request is placed, and only sometimes sends an email when the Status of your request changes. You can check the Status of your request by logging into your ILLiad account.
If you are not receiving cancellation, availability, renewal, or request for information emails, please check your ILLiad account under “Change User Information” to verify that we have your correct and current email address. ILLiad emails can also be caught by spam and junk filters; please make sure that emails from our system are marked as safe.
Where do I go for additional information?
The interlibrary loan policies of the Shimberg Library can be found at http://library.hsc.usf.edu/borrowing-nonusf-books-and-articles.html. Document delivery information can be found at http://library.hsc.usf.edu/photocopy-services.html.